Two little twin boys - miracles to their mother - answers to prayers, so many prayers of so many people prayed with so many tears. . . They are truly gifts from God. They are gifts He gave each to the other.
I watched them today at church, just turned a year old. They crawled after eachother, looked for one another when sad or worried, played with eachother like the best friends they are. I wonder if they will ever realize the blessing they have in one another.
Sometimes the most obvious blessings are the hardest to see.
* My garden.
* Chicken pasta salad - a summer staple at our house.
* Frozen fresh fruit - yum.
* Sweet fellowship with a small few after the crowd goes home.
* No more credit cards!
* Lyme disease test - NEGATIVE!
* LONG hike through the hilly woods - single file - crying finally stopping and root-hopping beginning.
* Cold water.
* Italian - yum. Juicy pear water ice - yum. Eating both with good friends - laughing, sharing - happy and warm.
* Quiet reading out back at dusk.
* Saying, "No."
* The smell of tomato vine on my hands.
* Generous strangers that give coupons so six treats at the water ice shop only cost $5.
* Warm sun first thing in the morning.
* Snuggly sleeping bag in the family room - all ready for a 3yo.
* The joy a yellow pad of paper brings to a 5yo.
* A dripping hose.
* Blooming zinnias and poppies.
* Baby watermelons, cantaloupes, tomatoes and carrots.
* Pepper plants having a growth spurt.
* Dirt - you can't messy it up. :)
* Golden hay lying across sunny fields.
* Book browsing.
* Voice of an old, dear friend just dripping Southern charm - a reminder of "home."
* Smell of herbs in the garden shop.