The Kiss by Gustav Klimt
- Read from 1 Corinthians 13 and 1 John what the Bible says about love
- Read some picture books about love. Suggestions:
- Read a non-fiction book about Gustav Klimt, paying particular attention to his choice of colors and use of shapes and patterns. Suggestion: Silver, Gold, and Precious Stones: Adventures in Art .
- Read a book about the use of color in art.
- Have students decide what they want to make a picture of on Friday. Have them choose some basic colors to make their picture with. Have them look through old magazines, scrap paper. . . and take out sheets of the colors they've chosen.
- Read a fun, picture book about Gustav Klimt. Suggestion: Klimt and His Cat by Berenice Capatti.
- Read a book about the use of shapes in art. Suggestion: Shapes by Philip Yenawine.
- Have students cut various shapes of various sizes from the papers they selected on Tuesday.
- Discuss Gustav Klimt's homeland of Austria. Find it on a map together - if you have printouts, have the students color in nation of Austria.
- Have children draw a basic sketch for their picture. Then, have them use their cut-out shapes, acrylic paints, and various small objects for pattern-making to color in their picture.